- 300 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohms, 500 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohms, Frequency 20Hz to 250Hz +/-1dB
- Onboard 12dB/octave LP/HP/AP crossover & Infrasonic filter. Power Wire Gauge- 4 AWG. Power...
- On-board Punch EQ with +18dB boost at 45Hz. Input Sensitivity: 150 mV to 4 V
- Cast Aluminum Heatsink with Stealth top mounted control panel
- Includes wired remote (Punch Level Control). High efficiency amplifier design that reduces...
- The R2-500X1 full-range class-D mono amplifier (1.9" x 6.8" x 8.5") is packed with features and...
- Class D technology makes this amp extremely efficient by reducing demand on the vehicles...
- Featuring C.L.E.A.N. circuitry to help you adjust your gain settings, a P.O.W.E.R. Supply that...
- Designed for subwoofers, a variable infrasonic filter and remote level control allows you to...
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an...
- Rockville dB12 2000 Watt Peak/500 Watt Dyno-Certified RMS Mono 2 Ohm Amplifier Car Amp
- Features of dB12: Rockville dB12 2000 Watt Peak/500 Watt Dyno-Certified RMS Mono 2 Ohm...
- Dyno Certified RMS Power Ratings: (Certified Dyno Test / Less than 1 % THD) (Use these ratings...
- 2 Ohm: 500 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N. - 4 Ohm: 300 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N
- Peak: (Use these ratings when comparing with the top budget brands such as Boss, Power...
- Super-efficient class D design—runs much cooler than conventional amps
- High-speed MOSFET switching—Power supply with outputs stable into 1 ohm loads
- Protection—Thermal, DC offset, reverse polarity and short circuit protection
- Nickel-plated wire terminals & RCA connectors—Ensure maximum signal transfer
- Level control—adjusts the gain of the channel to match the output voltage from your head unit
- Package Includes: (1) Rockville dB12 2000 Watt Peak/500 Watt Dyno-Certified RMS Mono 2 Ohm...
- Features of RWK41: 1 � 17' High Grade Twisted Pair of 100% Copper RCA Cable. 17' � 4 Gauge...
- 17' � 18 Gauge Blue Remote Cable. 17' � 16 Gauge Clear Speaker Wire
- Features of dB12: Rockville dB12 2000 Watt Peak/500 Watt Dyno-Certified RMS Mono 2 Ohm...
- 2 Ohm: 500 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N. - 4 Ohm: 300 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N. Peak: (Use...
What is a sound amplifier? This device is designed to improve sound quality by minimizing various distortions when turning high volumes up. It happens that the speakers, switched on and functioning to the full extent, emit incomprehensible rattles, noises, squeaks, etc. Familiar situation, right?
In fact, the reason for this problem is pretty obvious. The built-in amplifier of a radio recorder simply does not cope with the load. It should work efficiently with a subwoofer and a high-end sound system. In this case, an amplifier is intended to eliminate mentioned troubles.
Table of Contents
- A Little Preface: Essential Eye-Catching Feature
- Modern Winners among Amplifiers: Editor’s Choice
- NVX VADM1 Monoblock Micro Amplifier
- Ignite Audio R3000/1D Monoblock Car Amplifier
- Toro Tech Monoblock Car Amplifier
- Sundown Audio SAM-500D Monoblock Micro Amplifier
- 16-SRX500D.1 Memphis Monoblock Street Amplifier
- Buyer’s Guide
A Little Preface: Essential Eye-Catching Feature
We understand that the most complicated step is the first one. With this article, you will discover famous and, what is more important, second to none products. Of course, the list of efficient amplifiers can be endless. However, this time we decided to draw our focus to investigating amplifiers as for their RMS power in particular.
Let’s consider some theoretical issues of the matter. What is RMS? In simple word, it is a power indicator. If to be more specific, that is an abbreviation of Rated Maximum Sinusoidal. It shows the upper limit of watts at which an amplifier is able to function during one hour without any physical damage.
This indicator helps understand the real efficiency of any amplifier. Nobody wants to be fooled by the manufacturer. And this feature is necessary to analyze the functionality of such equipment.
Therefore, we are presenting our list of top-5 best RMS amplifiers. Are you keen to get some new information? Let’s begin!
Modern Winners among Amplifiers:
Before describing each winner in detail, please, note their standard characteristics. Even these features can help you make the final decision.
Intrigued? So let’s not waste a single moment. Ready, steady, go!
NVX VADM1 Monoblock Micro Amplifier
It is not a rare occasion when consumers are looking for somewhat controversial features to be present in one single amplifier. For instance, consumers have a burning desire to achieve a compact device with advanced power supply. However, a great bunch of power is usually associated with huge dimensions of the body. In the case of car installation, this option is far from the best deal for the majority of vehicles. In this perspective, you may think that a certain sacrifice is a casualty to choose either a small machine with lack of energy capability or a true powerhouse of considerably large sizes. Luckily, with the new monoblock designed by the NVX Store, the solution to the issue is found.
With its small chassis that can fit your hand, the unit under consideration will become an invisible promoter of decent sound in your vehicle. Taking into account not only its dimensions that are 6.8 by 3.3 by 1.5 inches, the beautiful black finish is super stylish and will contribute to any car interior. It is also a rather lightweight tool — 1.4 pounds don’t cause any difficulties during the setup.
At the same time, the sizes don’t limit the power capability of the product greatly. Just consider the fact that its peak power is 1000 watts, while RMS power reaches 500 watts at 1 ohm, and you will forget about any hesitations.
Since the solution is pretty powerful, it is not a challenge for it to drive different devices in the sound chain. Since the model is a monoblock of D class, it will be the best suit for subwoofers. Of course, speakers’ performance can be boosted up with the help of this solution as well.
One of the distinguishing things about the unit is its three-way protection circuitry. Overall, this device is designed for long-term use without difficulty. The manufacturer has taken care of the tool’s inner strength to resist the negative influence of overload, as well as speaker short and thermal issues.
Moreover, this amplifier will satisfy the demand of not just car enthusiasts only. As you remember, a small chassis is a beneficial choice for cases when there are certain space limitations. So the product of the line is a perfect match for numerous bikes by BMW, Honda, Yamaha, Harley Davidson, etc. The so-called compatibility list also includes ATVs.
Please note the amplifier under analysis is marine certified. That means it is designed not simply to survive in the marine environment, but to last for ages, promoting the functionality of marine speakers and subwoofers. In general, this monoblock is capable of withstanding moisture, light rain, and sun rays impact.
The superior quality of the tool is easy to prove with the following fact: it is a CEA-2006 compliant model.
Ignite Audio R3000/1D Monoblock Car Amplifier
If you are looking for an organization which quality standards are always up to the mark, Ignite Audio products are a rocking choice for your needs. The monoblock under analysis is a representation of advanced engineering techniques, accompanied with acknowledgement of the company’s unique design approach.
The peak power you can get using the device reaches up to 6000 watts. However, under ordinary conditions, the energy available to drive isn’t as impressive and depends on the ohm-rate. Let’s be more precise. At one ohm, the RMS power rating reaches 1020 watts. At two ohms, the indicator is 720 watts, and it is decreased to 420 watts at four ohms.
The solution can boast of several advanced features, which performance may be definitely considered second to none. For instance, one of the distinguishing things about the model is its special optimized circuit layout. Its main task is not only to protect the device’s longevity, but also to improve the overall performance of the system, avoiding any overload or thermal issues in the long-term perspective and frequent non-stop use.
The level of total harmonic distortion is less than one percent. Without diving into terminological explanations, this indicator is a proof the decent sound to achieve by the amplifier under consideration is a guarantee. The complement to the sound quality is the signal to noise ratio that is more than eighty-five decibels.
Besides, the unit differentiates with its high compatibility. Even though the connectivity isn’t best (the product isn’t equipped with RCA outputs), you can still use a suitable adapter to solve the problem. With the help of this additional element, customers are enabled to take the gain levels under control as well.
All in all, some disadvantages don’t damage the reputation of the brand and the product in particular. For this cheap price, you will receive a lot of power to operate and definitely serious bass sound.
Toro Tech Monoblock Car Amplifier
If you are just trying to figure out what amplifiers can do to your car audio system, this model will suit greatly to meet basic needs of music enthusiasts. First of all, the test is worth a try, especially taking into consideration the value of the product. It is one of the cheapest units on the list and therefore affordable for different customer categories. For less than eighty dollars, consumers will achieve a product to satisfy the needs of newcomers to the full extent.
The manufacturer is aimed at offering machines that are the ultimate combination of class, performance, and value. Please note this model is designed in accordance with the latest quality standards valid in the USA. Moreover, each unit is tested to avoid any possible inconveniences and issues for customers in the future.
The equipment belongs to the AB class of amplifiers and is CTA compliant. Overall, the max power to achieve can reach up to 1000 watts. In turn, RMS power rating is 500 watts.
One of the things that distinguish the model amongst others is its auto sensing turn-on function. This feature is developed to enable hassle-free optimization for vehicles, regardless of the fact whether they possess RCA inputs or not.
The system’s flexibility is maintained by up-market controls. For example, the product features variable low pass crossovers. With their tuning, you are welcome to control the end sound performance of your car audio engine.
The kit includes a MOSFET power supply. Its task is to promote increased stability of energy flow and high output efficiency, and it is done with ease.
All in all, you will be beyond impressed with such a profound amplifier.
Sundown Audio SAM-500D Monoblock Micro Amplifier
This amplifier produces 500 watts of RMS power at one ohm. With the decrease of ohm rate, the rated output power also reduces. In this perspective, the machine will show 250 watts at two ohms. At four ohms, this indicator will reach 200 watts without difficulty. The device includes a low pass crossover, which frequency is within 35-160 Hertz. Besides, the functionality offered can boast of advanced bass boost.
Please be informed that the signal to noise ratio is more than one hundred decibels. Taking into account the level of harmonic distortion at four ohms is less than 0.5%, the sound to achieve may be a really outstanding thing.
The chassis is rather compact, so it will suit different installation locations. You can see that the model is 6.7 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall, and the metric equivalents as well. The height is only 1.4 inches. You can simply compare the amplifier’s size with a twenty-dollar bill, and the difference won’t be shocking.
Apart from compact dimensions, the solution doesn’t cause any issues with installation. The model is equipped with eight gauges that are all the way across the toolbar panel, as well as foreground remote twelve volt, and power protection lights on the right side.
On the opposite side, consumers can find a level control, RCA inputs which also double as high level inputs with the adapter, remote connection, and bass boost low-pass filter.
However, one of the basic disadvantages is the product’s price. On the market, you can find some alternatives that offer approximately the same functionality at lower values.
16-SRX500D.1 Memphis Monoblock Street Amplifier
Without difficulty, the monoblock is considered the best-fit option for subwoofers. The reason for that is a special inner construction. If you are looking to boost up speakers only, it is better to pay attention to multichannel solutions. However, that doesn’t mean this one will spoil the performance of the car audio system in the case either.
Overall, the product is capable of sending 500 watts of RMS power to your link devices in the car audio system. If you would like to produce excellent bass tone, the solution can easily perform the requested task. Please note the unit is equipped with a low-pass crossover, a variable subsonic filter, and a selectable bass boost. Due to their functionality and efficiency, even newcomers in the field are enabled to get superior sound punch in the result.
Even though this model isn’t one-ohm stable, it shows off with 350 watts RMS at four ohms and with 500 watts RMS at two ohms. High level inputs promote excellent connectivity of the solution under analysis.
The kit also offers a remote control. In this perspective, it will be a smooth challenge for you to adjust the performance of a sub amplifier. Besides, in the box, you will find everything needed to install the machine with ease. The manufacturer presents the owner’s manual to simplify the task even more.
Of course, any choice of an amplifier is a particular case and requires an individual approach. However, there are some common tips. They have already become so-called clichés for newcomer-users. For them, it is especially important to find their best fit amplifier. Nobody wants to waste time on inappropriate solutions. With a perfect decision, any user can upgrade their own stereo system of the vehicle as qualitatively as possible.
Here there are some obvious recommendations before choosing an amplifier.
- Pay attention to the amplifier’s manufacturer. It would be definitely better to trust reliable companies with a proven reputation. For instance, amplifiers by Rockford Fosgate and DLS are worth considering. Besides, Kenwood and Pioneer produce not less advanced products.
- No doubt, the sound quality of an amplifier is important. That’s why you should do preparation and comparison research. Do not hesitate to get acquainted in detail with the characteristics of the equipment. The more attentive and thorough you are during this stage, the more chances you have to select and buy exactly what you need, but not the most advertised product.
- Another essential feature to focus on is the amplifier’s power. It is worthwhile to pay attention to RMS. The maximum indicator can be highly overstated and rarely corresponds to the actual capabilities of the product. Besides, it is great when the amp goes with the factory passport. The latter will provide you with all the necessary data, including those obtained during the tests.
- It is necessary to determine the location for the installation of new equipment. Usually, the device is placed in the car’s luggage compartment. But there may be a lot of other options. For instance, you can install an amplifier in the vehicle’s backrest.
- When choosing an amplifier, pay attention to the product’s thermal protection. You will certainly prefer a product able to work long, won’t you?
Anyway, we have presented you the top-5 of the best 500w RMS amps. They meet all previously mentioned requirements and recommendations. Decision-making has never been simpler, yeah?
To choose an amplifier or not to choose — there are no questions like this. Such a product will become a profitable purchase and help you develop sound and safety capabilities of your car stereo system.
Our top-5 of the best 500 watt amps is aimed at simplifying your decision-making. We aim to recommend the most efficient and qualitative products only. It is incredibly important not to spoil the favorite deal of lots of people all over the world — listening to music.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and discover the world of outstanding deep sounds with our 500 watt RMS amplifiers!
Last update on 2021-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API