- The specs - This portable sound system features an 8 inch woofer amplifier equalizer and up to...
- Easy to transport - This big speaker is actually super easy to take on the go with a...
- Bluetooth AUX more - You can bring the music in multiple ways with our wireless sound system -...
- Rechargable battery - Our outdoor sound system is ready to go when you are and with 5-6 hours...
- Power - 800 Watts Max x 2 @2-Ohms 400 Watts Max x 2 @4-Ohms 1600 Watts Max x 1 Bridged @4 Ohms
- Variable Gain Control - The gain control is not for adjusting volume. It simply adjusts the...
- Variable Bass Boost - With Variable Bass Boost you have the control of exactly how much BASS...
- Bridgeable - Dramatically increase the power output to you speakers and subwoofers by...
- Specs - Dimensions: 14” x 10.31” x 2.25”, Weight: 9.04 lbs., Speaker Impedance: 2 to 8...
- BOSS Audio Systems provides a powerful 6 year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty so long as the...
- Power - 3000 Watts Max x 1 @1-Ohm, 1500 Watts Max x 1 @2-Ohms, 750 Watts Max x 1 @4-Ohms
- Class D - Power loss is significantly reduced making the amplifier highly efficient. Excess...
- Mosfet Power Supply - A MOSFET is an electrical switch that allows the flow of electrical...
- 1 Ohm Stable - Able to continuously power loads of 1 Ohm without encountering difficulties such...
- Strapping Capable - You are able to strap two PD3000 amplifiers and double the power that is...
- Variable Subsonic Filter - To prevent your subwoofer(s) from bottoming out, the variable...
- Variable Low-Pass Crossover - Subwoofers reproduce sound based on a number of different...
Wish to simplify your decision-making process? To help you achieve this, we have prepared a list of the best amps for good 10 inch subs. With the help of this article, you will definitely find a product to increase the efficiency of your audio system exponentially.
This table provides basic features of presented amplifiers, which is very helpful in narrowing the search offers. But, of course, more details are essential to choosing the final product.
Table of Contents
Music is everywhere. A somewhat trivial thing to say, isn’t it? The fans of impressive melodies and lit songs aim to listen to music anywhere and anytime. And cars (or other vehicles) provide us with a great chance to combine business and pleasure. Going somewhere, either for work or for pleasure, is a great opportunity to turn on the radio and relax.
To get the maximum enjoyment from every trip, there is something you need to think about beforehand. Want your stereo system with 10 inch subs to function like clockwork? Amplifiers are there to help you in need. Real friends indeed!
Are you in a quandary, trying to figure out how to match your 2 10 inch subs and amplifier? Continue reading this article and forget about the agonies of choosing!
Preparation Stage: Subwoofers to Go for
What devices come to mind when you think about a great stereo system for your vehicle? Without a doubt, a subwoofer is included in the list of must-have products. In simple terms, these audio systems are designed to work with low frequencies.
It will not be an exaggeration to say that each item has an alternative solution. Diversity is something really necessary when it comes to the searching for the best product. So, on the market, you can find lots of subwoofers, that are different in size and power capabilities. Among the most famous and respected names in the industry, we can mention Kicker, JL Audio, Pioneer, Rockford, etc. However, this time that is not the point.
For what type of subwoofers are we choosing amplifiers this time? Eager to know? Here we go!
Why 10-inch Subwoofers?
The answer is as simple as can be: it is just the best option. In general, the subwoofers’ size varies from eight to fifteen inches. Theoretically, the larger the product is, the more powerful and qualitative it is. However, this is not always the truth. Among the governing factors, we must also look at the subwoofer’s power handling and enclosure type. Considering this, the perfect choice for cars will be 10-inch subwoofers. On the one hand, their compact design suits the vehicle’s interior; on the other, the efficiency of this equipment allows achieving impressive sound deepness. Besides, 2 10 inch subs with amps will suit different vehicles.
How to Choose the Best Amp for 10 inch Subs: Where to Start
The choice of the best amp for two 10s depends heavily on your goal. Do you want to upgrade your vehicle’s stereo system as a whole? Then we advise you to pay attention to 4 channel models. With their help, you will be able to enhance the sound productivity of both speakers and subwoofers. As a rule, such an amp is connected to four speakers or two speakers and one subwoofer, rarely — with two bridges to two subwoofers.
However, if you want to intensify the quality of production at lower frequencies, monoblock-amplifiers will become your best friends. At the same time, they are often able to operate with a low-resistance load.
Besides, compared to their multi-channel siblings, the heating of the monoblocks is several times less, and their efficiency is much higher. These devices belong to pulse amplifiers, so they generate relatively little heat.
NB1. When choosing the best sub amplifier, it is highly important to know the impedance of this device and a subwoofer itself. Otherwise, the purchase of such a product will be a waste of time and money. The reason for this is pretty obvious. Due to the inconsistency of the parameter between an amp and a sub, the first one will be impossible to integrate with a speaker qualitatively. In principle, the system will work. But it will overheat constantly. And this problem does not contribute to the sound quality at all. That’s why you should compare the impedance rating of these devices and choose products with the same parameter.
NB2. Most of the subwoofers presented on the market are rated at 4 ohms. Therefore, the best-match amplifier is to function at 4 ohms as well. It sounds right, doesn’t it? Don’t make hasty generalizations. If you have more than one amp, the situation is not as easy as it may seem at first glance.
There are simple formulas to find out the electrical impedance rating of a bunch of music equipment. If you have products in series, you just need to sum up each of their impedance levels. For instance, if you have two 6-ohm speakers and one 4-ohm subwoofer, the total result for the system would be 16 ohms.
The calculations are not the same when it comes to the parallel connection. There are two other formulas: the first one is for subwoofers or speakers rated at equal impedance levels; the second is for products with different impedances.
PS. We will not stuff your head with the details concerning all the calculations in this article. This data is available on the Internet for free. However, we recommend that you consult a specialist if you are not sure about the results achieved.
Our top-5 list of best amplifiers for two 10 inch subwoofers starts with the Rockville db15. This powerhouse pushes out 3000 watts RMS. This efficiency contributes a lot to the quality of the device and can hardly find any serious competitors on the market nowadays.
The manufacturer provides customers with a CEA compliant rating. Using it, you are welcome to match up or compare this particular amp for 2 10 inch subs to other CEA compliant brands and, in general, giants in the amplifier industry such as Kicker, Alpine, and more.
Aside from its outstanding strength, this recommended amp for 10 inch subs also has an RCA compliant power rating. It measures less than 1% distortion. This characteristic solidifies the total superiority of the best amp for two 10 inch subs over a myriad of other devices.
The design is another benefit you get when purchasing this amp. It has a nice shiny black finish with a blue logo, which lights up when it is on.
In addition, the Rockville db15 features a fully adjustable base EQ and is available in lower wattage options. The model belongs to the most modern and latest class of amplifiers. Class D uses digital signal processing. Its products stand out with a compact design, high efficiency, and really enormous signal purity. What size amp for 2 10s will be suitable? This model is a great example of the perfect match.
Each kit does not include just an amplifier by itself. You can also find a bag with several important papers, namely, the CEA RMS power certificate, owner’s manual, and warranty card. In the sides of the Styrofoam protective package, there is a bass knob. This detail connects to the amplifier smoothly. With its help, you can control the level of the base. In the kit, there is also a fuse for installation. And you will not face the necessity of buying the hardware separately: it is included as well.
Choosing this amp for subs, you will definitely realize it is a worthy purchase. However, if something goes wrong with the product, the manufacturer provides every customer with a 90-day money back guarantee.
All in all, if you are looking for a powerful solution that is durable enough to last for ages, and if you are planning to push 10 inch subwoofers, then the Rockville db15 is definitely a relevant option for you. Here is the answer to what the best amp for 2 10 inch subs is!
- Enormous RMS power capabilities
- Easy installation
- Durable and solid construction
- Pretty high price tag
When talking about tiny amplifiers, the Alpine MRV-M500 model is one of the first products that comes to mind. Despite its somewhat miniature size, you get what you pay for: a pretty powerful amplifier. The amp for subs impresses not only with its compactness but also with the use of quality components. They are a solid base for convenient use of the amplifier and its long-term use.
Let’s be more precise. Firstly, for two 10 inch subs, it features a very durable chassis and strong circuitry. Secondly, even though the model has a pretty compact chassis, it still manages to provide users with 500 watts RMS working at 2 ohms at the end.
What amp do I need for 2 10 inch subs? This model will suit your request. Its compact size also provides customers with a huge variety of placement options. You can place such a device either near the subwoofer or at a short distance from it. In any case, this amp for 2 10 inch subs will function really well. The only difference between these two placement methods is the length of the cables used.
Besides, this amplifier for subs can boast of its variable and adjustable low-pass filter, allowing you to choose within the range from 50 Hertz all the way up to 400 Hertz. It is perfect for fine-tuning your sound. When you pair this amplifier’s element with the integrated bass boost, it functions second to none.
Another beneficial feature of this item is that it comes with special terminal covers. They differentiate with their snap-on feature. These amplifier elements are specially designed for easy and fast removal and installation. Of course, if you need to check or repair something, this element is really helpful. Due to such covers, the product will not become overheated. So you can listen to music for hours and be sure your amplifier will stay on.
However, this amp for 2 10 subs does not have a subsonic filter. Its task is to protect the subwoofer from frequencies that are too low. Despite the at-first-glance uselessness (after all, the subwoofer is designed to play bass sounds), this is a very useful element. The fact is that with a lowering of frequency, the course of the diffuser for the subwoofer increases invariably. But in real music, there are practically no frequencies below 30 Hertz. A subsonic filter noticeably weakens these uninformative ultra-low frequencies and thus, eliminates the subwoofer from damage.
All in all, the Alpine MRV-M500 is a solid device worth consideration. With its help, you will definitely be able to improve the sound of your audio system.
- Compact design
- Easy installation
- Absence of a subsonic filter
DS18 CANDy-XXL1B is a compact solution that fits almost anywhere you want. Even though it is not the smallest amplifier on the list, it’s a great option for a large variety of cars and, more importantly, for a lot of different 10 inch subwoofers. So the issue of what size amp to get for 10 inch subs is solved.
Additionally, audiophiles can stop worrying about long-term use of this amplifier. Due to the well thought out design and choosing solid and durable elements and metals only, this best amp for 10 inch subs will please you.
An essential criterion when searching for an amp for 2 10s is its RMS power. In our case, the device under consideration is quite a strong product. For instance, at 1 ohm rate, it can “produce” 1000 watts. When adding this number to the ohms rate, the RMS power will go down. The smallest figure is 400 watts per channel at 4 ohms working mode.
This amp for 10 inch sub is equipped with indicator lights. With their help, you can see if the device is functioning normally. The blue LED signal symbolizes the on-working status of the amplifier. It means there is no overload, overheating or any other technical problems. If you see the red light on the amplifier turned on, then it is high time to check on all the connections and make sure the product is being used correctly. This indicator means the product has activated the self-protection mode. Fix it carefully!
If you are unsure what size amp to select for a 10 inch sub, this model will solve your issues.
All in all, DS18 CANDy-XXL1B has its advantages and disadvantages like any other alternative solution. However, the drawbacks do not spoil the positive impression even slightly.
- Compact and well-thought-out design
- Qualitative hardware
- This model will not be suitable for really powerful subwoofers because of the low impedance rate (1 ohm)
Rockford Fosgate R300X4
A lot of consultants recommend that newcomers select amplifiers from famous brands. It is a sound tip, isn’t it? The next important product on the list is the Rockford Fosgate R300X4. Taking into account that it comes from a pro-level manufacturer, this device is surprisingly affordable. When it comes to producing low-frequency bass from your 10 inch subwoofers, this amplifier is really what you need.
Obviously, this equipment from the best amp for subs series has a lot of features their owners can be proud of. Even though it is not the most powerful solution due to its RMS rate, it provides a stable and solid functioning of both the amp and the subwoofer. Besides, unlike any other recommended amplifier from our top-5 list, this one is a 4 channel device. Therefore, it can boast more variable connection capabilities. Apart from connecting one or more subwoofers, it is a great option for speakers as well or a combination of speakers and a sub.
The fact is that this 4 channel amplifier provides customers with one more advantage. Unlike monoblocks, this device is capable of transmitting stereo sound.
Another thing that is precious about the combination of your 10 inch subs and amp is that it can work stunningly with any head unit. Besides, the device comes with top-mounted controls which are really convenient for installing. The necessary crossover labeling is also included in the kit.
All in all, the Rockford Fosgate R300X4 is a great value for its cost.
- Pretty compact size/dimensions
- Stereo sound transmitting
- Not a very powerful piece of equipment
- Monoblocks are still a better fit for subwoofers rather than a 4 channel amplifier
BOSS AUDIO PM2500
The BOSS AUDIO PM2500 offers serious power at a low price. Unlike the other products on the list, this best amplifier for subs costs less than $100. It is really affordable, right? Moreover, this exceptional option for the frugal-minded consumer can produce 1875 watts RMS per channel at 2 ohms. Such productivity makes BOSS AUDIO PM2500 the best amp for 2 10 inch Kicker subs, and more.
Coming from one of the leading brand names in car audio technology, this amp for 2 10s produces clear sounding bass without distortion.
Another great advantage of the best amp for 10 inch subs is that it stays cool at high output levels. In general, BOSS AUDIO PM2500 can boast of its three-way protection circuitry. With overload protection, you can be sure your product does not have to withstand unnecessary loads. Thermal protection is a self-explanatory feature, as well as the amplifier’s speaker short protection. Hi/low-level input provides a stable and solid connection. Variable bass boost allows maintaining the necessary Hertz load and changing it if you need. In addition, you get a remote subwoofer control, so you can adjust the subwoofer sound just from the driver’s seat. It is pretty convenient, isn’t it?
This amp for 2 10 inch Kicker subs belongs to the AB class. In general, the division into classes occurs depending on the efficiency of the device and signal distortion. Overall, this class combines class A purity of sound and class B efficiency. That makes devices of this kind the most common Hi-Fi car amplifiers.
Besides, this BOSS AUDIO product is equipped with MOSFET. You can switch these transistors quickly and change their output from non-condition to full and vice versa. Thus, you can achieve high efficiency.
The manufacturer of this amp for 2 10 inch subs is confident with the quality of their products. Therefore, the producer provides customers with a 6-year warranty. You can hardly find any other company with such exclusive offers.
All in all, we highly recommend you go for BOSS AUDIO PM2500. With your 10 inch subs and amp, you are going to impress and surprise your friends as you turn on some breath-taking earth-shaking bass. It will be your personal way to greet people letting them know you are around.
- Strong body elements
- Powerful protection system
- High RMS rating
- There may be problems with the bass knob
Our research does not end with the best amp for two 10 inch subs. We have decided to dig into the matter deeper and investigate the nuances that are known to avoid difficulties when purchasing amplifiers for subwoofers.
As a result, we would like to present our piece of advice on how to avoid typical mistakes of newcomers in the sphere. Ready, steady, go!
- As we have already mentioned, it is essential to know the total RMS wattage of all the subwoofers within the system. This is the power rating, necessary to make the amplifier output at the given impedance of the woofers. Please, be attentive and look for amplifiers that have CEA certified power ratings, if you want a safe and accurate wattage comparison. You do not have to match up power ratings perfectly. It is normal to run a bit more or less power. Remember, Peak and Max Power ratings should be ignored. These numbers represent quick bursts of power, not sustained musical power.
- The most common practice is to select a separate amplifier for subwoofers and another one for speakers. And this is correct. As a rule, an active crossover is used for high-quality separation of frequencies. It means this device separates the low-frequency signal and the medium- and high-frequency signal. And to reproduce each band, naturally, you need to have two amplifiers. In general, a sub amplifier is about twice as powerful as a speaker amp. Besides, it has a more advanced transformer and a bigger number of electrolytes in rectifier filters. It allows achieving less supply voltage drawdown at maximum low-frequency signal power.
- A big mistake would be to make a parallel connection of the 10 inch sub with amp and with speakers, if there are no passive filters in the subwoofers. But even if they are present, up to almost 25% of the low-frequency signal power is lost on them. Therefore, it is preferable to divide the signal to the amplifier with an active crossover, and load the subs with the amplifier directly.
- Overall, there are two kinds of subwoofers: passive and active models. Unlike active solutions, passive subwoofers do not have a built-in amplifier. For these models, it is pretty reasonable to buy this extra device. Please note, a passive sub requires precise alignment with the rest of the equipment. Active subwoofers will be a great option for pro users, or for those who are not afraid of experiments. According to consumers’ reviews, a passive subwoofer with an amp will be a lifesaver when the designed audio system is going to be used in constant conditions. For cars or other transport vehicles, it is a number-one choice.
- Usually, users want to have massive 10 subwoofers with an amp and insane amounts of power. But to make your system sound truly amazing, you have to adhere to the rules of power balancing. So here is the way it works. We are going to break up power into two different categories. The first category is the amplifier power for subwoofers (playing from the range of frequencies from 20 Hertz up to 80 Hertz). Next, the rest of the power in the amplifier system refers to the power of all other speakers (covering the audio range from 80 Hertz all the way up to 20 kilohertz). Let’s start with a system that has less than a total of 400 watts (use only RMS ratings for calculations) when you sum up two different categories. For this, you should try to stick to a 50% to 50% relation between two categories. We can deviate from this slightly and use a 40% to 60% split.
When our total system is over 400 watts, we can be more lenient with the ratio and have more power applied to the subwoofer. In this case, it is preferable to go for a ratio from a 40/60 split up to a 25/75 split. For instance, you use an 800 watt amplifier. In this case, you can choose a 1200 watt amplifier for the subwoofer or even use up to a 2400 watt model. Calculating this is really simple: just apply a proportion formula. Then you will be able to find what the best amp for 2 10 inch subs is.
Every day we face the necessity to make choices. Don’t even try to count how many decisions you make within your life. It is literally impossible. However, some choices can and should be simplified. Following this idea, we have prepared our top-5 list of excellent amplifiers suitable for the widely spread and popular 10 inch subwoofers.
Of course, there are a lot of nuances to pay attention to when installing the equipment and matching it up. On the one hand, manuals are always close at hand (thanks to the manufacturers). On the other hand, our articles are aimed at providing consumers with detailed and relevant information.
Especially for the newcomers, it may be difficult to understand which product suits you better and why. In this case, our article is your friend in your time of need. Select the best fit amplifier within a couple of minutes? Done!
Overall, you can forget about headaches when searching for an appropriate amp. All you need to do is just choose one product out of five. As easy as ABC! With the help of an amplifier, the sound will be much better. Enjoy your trips while listening to high quality music!
Last update on 2023-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Comment